Hi all! Just discovered to my great sadness that they've turned off posting to the old Nucleus forum so I came over here to bug you all instead
I'm trying to post some lines of code. It happens to be Nucleus tag code, so of course Nucleus keeps picking up on it and parsing it.
I tried using PRE, i tried using CODE, I tried using PRE CODE, and I also tried using NP BBCode which I found a reference to in the old forum.
The only thing i haven't tried yet is NP GeShi2, which looks like it will probably be more of the same thing.
I did also use & g t and other html entity code replacements. No go.
All of the above attempts fail to produce a plain text result. Nucleus keeps turning it into an actual parsed result instead.
I've resorted to putting spaces around the brackets in the code instead, as a temporary workaround.
Would anyone happen to have any ideas as to how I might force Nucleus to stop parsing the code samples?
The blog I am having this problem on is currently running a clean 3.65 install that I then upgraded to the Japanese 3.70 version off GitHub.
Many thanks in advance for any suggestions you can give!
That's what I thought, but for some reason it (html replacement) doesn't work on my installation. Nucleus insists on parsing the tags. The code phrase includes regular html like "li" tags as well as Nucleus tags (the kind with the angle brackets and % characters).
This is typed straight into the regular Nucleus browser interface - I've tried it via the Add Item quickie post box on the main index page, and I've tried it in the Edit Item popup box, and I've tried it from edit item via the admin control panel. No client used. Sometimes the first time I put the replacement entities in it works either fully or half (half the phrase vanishes but half shows as it ought to). But if I refresh the page a couple of times, or edit the post again (in a different part, not necessarily the part with the code) and resubmit the post after editing, it inevitably goes back to parsing it. So for example a bullet disc shows up instead of the actual text LI.
Hmm, I can post things that are more like bash commands. But anything that involves html or nucleus tags seems to get parsed. For now I'll just work around it by leaving spaces between brackets in the code!
The only suggestion I have is that your web-server may have some kind of filter that mess with HTML-code in requests. I have seen sites where HTML-code in requests where removed by some kind of firewall, and this made it impossible to use HTML-tags in items.
Otherwise I have no suggestions on why this is happening, and it would be hard to debug this without going hands-on.
if no one else is seeing this issue then it's probably just me. i'm running it offline on my own local pc so you could be correct, i may just have a really enthusiastic web server