Error on Creating New Member

mayank

I am getting error on creating new member through the admin control panel. The error says

Fatal error: Call to undefined method ADMIN::setPassword() in /home/careeing/public_html/easydestination.net/blog/nucleus/libs/MEMBER.php on line 682

rif

I just got hit with the same error on a brand new install (3.65 to 3.70). I was able to create two test members with no problems. The third time I tried to create a test member account, this error message came back. Not sure what changed, I'm not aware of having done anything to the script files in between the attempts!

ETA: Just realized that I tried out a couple of old blog-posting clients around that time, and they had some problems and were hanging. Maybe they did something to corrupt my files somehow. I can't imagine how though...

For the record, line 682 says:

else $this->setPassword($password);

I don't know if this is one of those php5.4 issues. When I get a chance I'll try to look at some of the other versions of member.php and see if they're different in any way. Maybe substituting a copy of the file from a different version, like Leo's latest version, may help fix the issue.

rif

Well, that was fast smile I just posted the addendum above and then went off and tried replacing my japanese v3.70 member.php with Leo's v3.66 copy. Works flawlessly so far as I can tell - I just added a third test member and it went perfectly smoothly, no problems whatsoever.